Multiple Sclerosis fundraising efforts end in success

To the Nicholls Community,

I am proud to be a part of the Nicholls family. I am a faculty member. I am the Director of Student Publications. I am a University alumna. I am an alumna of Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority. I am also one of the 4,000 people in Louisiana who suffers from Multiple Sclerosis.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Nicholls community for helping our local effort to raise more than $11,000 for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s Walk MS event in March. The money was raised in true Nicholls fashion…as a family effort. The Student Publications staff took the lead, approaching local restaurants, accepting donations, coordinating an awareness week, hosting bake sales and selling “feet.” But it didn’t stop there. Other campus organizations and individual students generously donated their time and money by buying bracelets, baking goods for the bake sales and participating in the Cane’s fundraising night. The Greek organizations then took our fundraising a step further by donating all proceeds from Greek Week, totaling $5,000, to the cause.

Each day I came to campus and was more and more amazed by the outpouring of support. I have never experienced anything like this. This campus is an amazing family to be a part of.

I have always been proud to be a Colonel. But today, the pride is swelling. I want to thank all of the administrators, faculty, staff and students for their heartfelt generosity and for working together to help find a cure.

Nicki Boudreaux

1994 Mass Communication Graduate

Director of Student Publications and Instructor of Mass Communication