Nicholls Nation organizes school spirit

Finally!

With the formation of Nicholls Nation, school spirit at Nicholls will actually involve cheering for Nicholls athletics instead of LSU or other universities.

We would like to commend the effort of those who have a passion for their school and support for athletics.

All too often we see people walking around campus wearing other schools’ apparel such as LSU or University of Texas. Sometimes, people even wear shirts from competing conference schools. What does that say about our Nicholls pride?

Nicholls sporting events have low attendance, sometimes the lowest in the whole nation. How are our sports teams supposed to succeed or play with pride when they don’t have the support from their own student body?

Ask any athletic member and they will tell you how big of an impact a cheering crowd makes. When nothing is going your way, knowing that your entire school is rooting for you makes a huge difference.

With the help of Nicholls Nation and the crowd, the support in the last men’s basketball game carried the team to a victory. We believe that without this support, the team would have lost spirit and possibly the game.

Athletics is half talent and half spirit. This is what Nicholls Nation is all about.

Students, faculty and staff can see Nicholls Nation as a way to combine their efforts. Here is a way to meet new friends and make new connections with those who have a common interest—in this case, school spirit.

The Spirit Award may have created an incentive to attend games, but Nicholls Nation will be its own organization that can organize even those groups and create a fun environment that everyone will enjoy.

Not a part of an organization and too afraid to attend games on your own? Nicholls Nation will take care of you as a member, inviting you to tailgating parties to meet and greet before the game so you can find at least one person you know to share spirit with during Colonel games.

Nicholls Nation will bring the University together as a whole, no matter their other affiliations with academic, interest or Greek organizations. The only requirement is school spirit.

We are very proud to welcome Nicholls Nation as a future Nicholls organization, and we can’t believe no one thought of it sooner.