Brief Happenings

Cyclists wanted for upcoming race

Henry Foust, assistant professor of applied sciences, is looking for cyclists to join Team Colonels to ride in Tour de Cure, a bike race to benefit the American Diabetes Association.

The race will be held April 21 near Mandeville. Training rides begin in Febuary on Tuesdays at 8 a.m. and 3 p.m and Thursdays at 8 a.m.

Anyone interested may contact Foust at (985) 448-4693 or [email protected].

Legal advice and notary services to be provided free of charge

Attorney Andrew Wise will be available in the Student Government Association Office to provide legal advice and notary services to students free of charge on the following dates:

Jan. 26 – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Feb. 2 – noon to 2 p.m.

Feb. 9 – noon to 2 p.m.

Feb. 17 – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Feb. 23 – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Contact the SGA office at (985) 448-4557 to schedule an appointment.

W-2 forms now available in electronic format

W-2 forms for student employees are now available online on the Banner Web site.

To access, log on to Employee Self-Serve, click the employee tab, click on Tax Information, then on W-2 Wage and Tax Statement. With Tax Year 2011 showing, click on display.

To print, click on Printable W-2 below the information. Receiving the W-2 electronically will save the University the cost of printing and mailing W-2s in the future.

Please contact the Payroll Office at (985) 448-4063 with any questions.

Raffle ticket sale to benefit power soccer team

Beta Sigma Iota, a student organization that works to improve awareness and opportunities for individuals with disabilities, will be conducting a raffle ticket sale in the Student Union Thursday and Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Proceeds will fund the future B.S.I. Blazin’ Cajuns power soccer team, which the organization is currently raising money for to register with the United States Power Soccer Association and pay for insurance.

Tickets are $5 each or five for $20. The drawing will be held Jan. 31. First prize is an iPad 2, second prize is an Amazon Kindle, and third prize is $50 cash.

SGA blood drive to be held today

The Student Government Association is hosting a blood drive today from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in front of the Student Union.

Replacement blood will be accepted in honor of Allen Reed, the SGA freshman senator who died in a motorcycle accident over Christmas break.