Letter from the Editor

With the release of the new Nicholls Worth Web site, some people have decided to vent their feelings about various subjects through the open comment section under each story.

While we encourage people to comment on stories, there comes a time when people’s comments should be kept to themselves.

Cyber bullying and libel have been posted on the comments section of various stories on the Web site by students and alumni. These comments have been removed because we have zero tolerance for bullying, and libel is a crime.

Article comments should not be used to call people out on their sexual preferences, to call names, to disgrace the University or for any other purpose besides voicing an appropriate opinion about the presented subject matter.

We do not want to completely delete the comment section because some people feel the need to abuse the opportunity. However, if the problem stays consistent, we will disable the comment feature.

This is a serious matter that should not be taken lightly.

These comments are a poor representation of Nicholls students and alums. To think that college students can be reduced to childish and hurtful name calling in the face of opposition is ridiculous.

We at The Nicholls Worth accept and cherish constructive criticism.

We encourage students and alumnus to voice their opinions. We want them to write letters to the editor and comment on our stories. We only ask that they do so in a professional manner and with respect to fellow students.

Cyber bullying and libel are not acceptable.

Katelyn Thibodeaux

Editor