A newspaper for the students, by the students

When we do a job, it is usually for a variety of reasons: we need money, we enjoy the work or we are looking for experience in a particular field.

Did you know that your student newspaper is assembled by your peers? Did you know we make decisions based on what we think you would like to see or read about?

We receive many letters to the editor, mostly unsigned, and we do take note of what people think we are lacking. We are students, just like you, trying to get an education and experience in our field.

We want your criticism, and we want your feedback; that is what helps us to determine what will and will not be in the paper. So to better see who our audience is and what you as students would like to see, we are conducting research that will provide us with feedback on what you would and would not like to see in The Nicholls Worth.

There are many trends we see in other papers with whom we trade, but new things can be trying and scary when one does not know how the audience will react. Other papers around the state and out of the state are producing sex columns, recipes and “how to” articles on various subjects.

Is this something you would like to see? After all, the people we want to please most is you, the students.

So if you wish, please send your feedback to The Nicholls Worth e-mail, [email protected], or find us on Facebook and be honest.

Would you like to see a new personal opinion column? Are there any special topics that you would like for us to cover? Do you absolutely love one of our columns? Do you have any suggestions to improve any aspect of the paper?

Tell us.

Changes cannot be made without feedback. Let us know what you want to see or what you wish we would stop printing.

We will listen.

Some of the things we have done based on student feedback were to reinstate the police reports, provide a calendar of events and add the weather bar on the second page. Do you like these things? Do you want to see them continued? Let us know.

We appreciate your participation and your support of your newspaper. Stay involved, and let us serve you.