Banner needs improvement

It is 11:30 p.m., 30 minutes before it is your time to schedule. Logging onto Banner is a breeze, and all of the five-digit numbers for the classes you want are entered in. All that is left to do is click “submit,” and you are scheduled. Right? Wrong.

It seems that the hassles of scheduling are inescapable. The server always crashes; students get mad and just about everyone’s Facebook statuses reflect their frustration.

At what point should we as tuition-paying Nicholls students say that enough is enough?

If something is broken or is not working up to par, it should be fixed. If it cannot be fixed, other solutions can be implemented to make the scheduling process easier.

Instead of letting the whole junior class schedule in one night, why not divide the alphabet in half and designate two nights for the juniors alone?

That way, the server will not be bombarded with so many students at once who are all trying to click “submit.”

Scheduling is a dreaded process for many Nicholls students as well as employees of the University. If our server is not fit to accommodate our tuition-paying students, then what good does it do to have it?

Waiting three hours during the late hours of the night is ridiculous if you are simply trying to push the one button that will schedule all of your classes.

It is understood that the server cannot handle the rate of activity for these nights during scheduling. If the server cannot handle these busy nights, is the University really getting their money’s worth?

Are there any alternatives to making scheduling a better process? That is the question, Nicholls students.

If there is no alternative, we must all set aside our frustration and move along with our lives.

However, if there is an alternative, then efforts should be made to improve on the scheduling process.

Nicholls students and faculty alike pride themselves for their aim to constantly improve campus as well as for their desire for the betterment of the University as a whole.

Why should we expect any less in this situation?