Geekly Weekly

Have you ever wanted to cut someone open and perform surgery on them? Well now you have a chance!

AdultSwim.com’s game, Amateur Surgeon puts you in the first person view of a young man named Alan Probe.

Probe, a young pizza delivery guy, an aspiring surgeon, runs his first patient over on the way to a delivery. The man he hits is an actual surgeon and he helps probe perform his first surgery…on himself.

Each level is comprised of a new patient for you to perform surgery on. Each new patient is more messed up than the one before. Each patient is monitored by his or her heartbeat. The more errors you make, the faster their heartbeat drops. When the monitor gets to zero, your patient is obviously dead.

For you to pass the level you have to completely fix the patient and make sure they don’t die on your watch. Don’t worry, if you kill them you can always retry.

After you’re done patching up each patient, you are graded on how well you did on your work. If you happen to have a few D’s and F’s, don’t fret because you can always go back and rework on the patients for a better grade.

What sets this game apart from other games is the creative concept. I mean, how often do you come across a game where you become a surgeon and your surgical knife is a pizza cutter? That’s right, your tools are nowhere near normal surgical tools.

With surgical prongs being salad tongs, a corkscrew and pain relief gel becomes a homemade shot for your patient’s heart rate to go back up and a dustbuster to pick up various body fluids and other liquids, it’s obvious that Probe is limited in the tool department. There are other tools but you should play the game to find out.

With the release of the game, Amateur Surgeon has released a Christmas edition where you have to actually perform surgery on Santa and his reindeer. Adult Swim also released Amateur Surgeon Two in January.

What’s even better is that you can bring this game on the go now. It’s available for iPhones. Adult Swim is holding a sale right now in the App Store and all of their games are only ninety-nine cents! However, if you don’t want to pay for it just yet, there is a lite version for each Amateur Surgeon released. You can also check it out on AdultSwim.com.

I recommend you play this game if you haven’t already because it has a huge replay value and all of the characters are hilarious and colorful. I give the game an 8 out of 10, and I hope you check it out if you have time or money. Happy gaming fellow geeks.