Campus Briefs

Southern Care Seeking Volunteers

Southern Care is seeking volunteers to participate and assist in various activities in nursing homes and assisted living facilities such as hosting bingo games, reading to patients, or sitting with patients for one to four hours to provide caregiver relief. For more information call Patricia Kraemer, Volunteer Services Coordinator at 985-448-0235, visit the office at 108-B West Main St., Thibodaux, LA 70301 or go to www.southerncareinc.com and click on “Volunteers.”

Upcoming SGA Meetings

Monday, July 11:

– Meet the SGA Committee Meeting – 2:15 p.m.

– Campus Improvements Committee – 2:45 p.m.

– Finance Meeting – 3:00 p.m.

– Judiciary Meeting – 3:30 p.m.

– General Meeting – 4:00 p.m.

Manning “Air it Out” Event to be held Saturday

Super Bowl MVPs Peyton and Eli Manning, along with several other NFL and college quarterbacks will show off their skills in a demonstration at John L. Guidry Stadium on July 9 at 6 p.m. The demonstration is part of the annual Manning Passing Academy, a summer camp for high school football players nationwide, scheduled for July 7 through July 9 at the University. Tickets are $5 per person and all proceeds benefit the Nicholls Department of Athletics. For additional information or tickets, called 985-448-4792.

2nd Annual Football 101 for Women to be held July 28

Women are invited to attend the 2nd Annual Football 101 for Women event to be held on July 28 from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Century Room at John L. Guidry Stadium. For more information, contact Chuck Hepola at [email protected].