Brief Happenings

2011 Fall Commencement

Fall commencement will be held Dec. 10 in Stopher Gymnasium. Session 1 will begin at 10 a.m. with the College of Arts and Sciences and College of Education. Session 2 will begin at 2 p.m. with the College of Business, College of Nursing and Allied Health and University College.

Student Research Assistants Needed

Dr. Henry Foust, assistant professor of Applied Sciences, is looking for two students to help with experimental research. The work is relevant to NASA, Glenn Research Center. The yearlong assignment will be paid and will require 400 hours of effort. Students interested can contact Dr. Foust at [email protected] or 985-448-4693.

HIV Testing to be provided September 1

Free HIV testing will be provided on Sept. 1 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at University Health Services in Betsy Cheramie Ayo Hall.

New Student Meeting at St. Thomas Aquinas

Anyone interested in joining campus ministry at the St. Thomas Aquinas Center can attend a new student meeting at 6 p.m. tonight. The meeting will be held at the St. Thomas café.

RELATE Fall 2011

Students, faculty and staff who have spoken-word poetry, a monologue, vocal or musicial performance or dance are invited to participate in RELATE, a four-part open mic series sponsored by the speech faculty of the Department of Mass Communication. The themes for the evening are Fear, Family, Success and Change. The event is free and open to the public.

Fear – Sept. 8 – 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Student Union, Plantation Suite

Family – Oct. 6 – 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Student Union, Plantation Suite

Success – Oct. 27 – 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Student Union, Plantation Suite

Change – Nov. 10 – 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Student Union, Bayou Suite

Please arrive by 6:45 p.m. to sign the open mic list. If you would like to get involved or have questions, contact Farren Clark at farren.clark@nicholls .edu or 448-4121 or Daniel Ruiz at [email protected] or 448-4071.