Nicholls volleyball trying to forget poor season

The Nicholls State University Volleyball team is getting ready for the 2014 season, and the team is excited about their chances.

For a team that finished with an overall record of 5-23, Coach Tommy Harold hopes to bring a winning attitude to the table this season. Last year was a group of mostly freshmen and a new coaching staff. Harold hopes the addition of the incoming freshmen will be a big improvement, as well as what the team was able to do in the spring training drills.

Harold said, “The team always has high expectations and the attitude is always looking to improve and getting better throughout the season.”

Harold also said, “The impact of the incoming freshmen should add power to the middle and outsides, early in the season.”

As an overall team effort, Harold believes his team is excited and ready for the start of the season. He is excited to see his team working hard every day at practice, and is ready to see his team compete.

Harold believes that his team has made good progress from last year to what he saw in the spring practices and hopes the progression pays off for the start of the season.

Harold said, “The main goal throughout the season is always looking to improve as a team before anything else.”

This is still a young team going into the season, but the experience from this year compared to last looks greater, and this season will be a fun one for the team and its fans.

The mindset for the team has always been a positive one, and the team feels they are prepared and ready for the start of the 2014 season. The impact of the spring training and the incoming freshmen give the team confidence moving into this season. It is something that has the team ready for the start of the season. The addition of new players combined with familiar faces should help build the confidence of the young team as they play throughout the season.

The main focus is on improvement for the team moving into the season after posting a losing record.

Harold said, “The team hopes to be in a stronger position for this year’s season, as well as getting immediate results from the incoming freshmen on the outside and the middle.”

Harold is confident the results will speak for themselves when the season gets started.

The team is in high spirits for this season after a year of a mostly freshman team, as well as an all-new coaching staff. The team hopes to have chemistry early as a unit and come out ready to compete for the conference championship, while giving the home crowd some exciting matches in the process.

The volleyball season will begin on Friday, Aug. 29 with an away contest at Alabama A&M followed by two more road games at Arkansas Pine Bluff and Southern Mississippi on Aug. 30.