Offered website provides opportunities for employment

Nicholls students can access thousands of job opportunities from across the country for free by joining the College Central Network, which is accessible though the Office of Career Services page on the University’s website.

What does the website offer?

Nicholls students have the opportunity to search for employers who are specifically looking for students with a Nicholls degree. Currently, 72 job offers are available for Nicholls students only, including SEECA Medical Inc. in Houma, The Reynolds and Reynolds Company in Shreveport, and InterContinental New Orleans. Internships are also accessible through the CCN. Currently, State Farm and Monsanto US in Central are offering internships “within 25 miles” of the Thibodaux area.

The Career Advice Media Library on the right side of the CCN homepage offers podcasts and videos about topics such as what to do and what not to do during an interview and how-to guides. Videos include “Color Craze, A Resume Don’t,” “Dress for Success-What color is best for you?” and “Interviewing Basics-Smart Strategies for Smart Students.”

The “Manage My Resume” tab located in the center of the CCN homepage allows students to upload or build resumes. Once the resume is uploaded, it can be forwarded to potential employers who can access them through the website. Also, in the bottom right corner, there is a box titled, “Job Search Kit” that carries articles useful for not only preparing resumes but getting ready for interviews and creating cover letters.

In addition to the articles, the CCN has a Career Document Library containing resume samples that students can view for suggestions of their resume format. Resume samples include “Resume-Basics”, “Resume-No-Nos” and “Resume Writing Worksheet.”

The “View My Job Search History” link located at the very top of the CCN homepage under the “Search for Job Opportunities Posted at My School” tab allows students to keep track of who they send resumes to, which employers have reviewed their resumes and job referrals.

Is this website still accessible after graduation?

The Office of Career Services will change the status from “Student” to “Alumni” once students graduate so that they still have access to the CCN.

How do I join?

On the Career Services page, click on the banner that reads “CCN, Open 24 Hours! Serving Great Jobs” on the right side of the page. Next, click on the “Students” link at the bottom of the page. After accessing the CCN page, click on the “Register Now” link, then follow all of the necessary steps to set up an account.