Nicholls students take the stage in Houma band

Members of the alternative rock group Edge of Revolution, vocalist Josh McTiernan, freshman from Houma; guitarist Chase Lirette, freshman from Houma; drummer Dominic Plaisance, freshman from Houma; guitarist Brandon Boone; and bassist John McTiernan perform at The Brick House on March 10.

Edge of Revolution is a local alternative rock band with three of its members being Nicholls students.

The five-piece band is made up of vocalist Josh McTiernan, freshman from Houma; guitarist Chase Lirette, freshman from Houma; drummer Dominic Plaisance, freshman from Houma; guitarist Brandon Boone; and bassist John McTiernan.

Edge of Revolution began four years ago when Plaisance learned to play drums, and it is named after the time period that the members were born in.

“[The band name] has been inspired by the time of our generation because as of now the world is on the edge of a revolution,” Plaisance said.

The band plays both original and cover songs with influences from rock bands like Breaking Benjamin, Green Day and Sick Puppies.

“We play mostly ’90s alternative rock and also a little bit of blues and indie rock,” Plaisance said. “We hope to be coming out with a small album of original songs in the next year. The album will be called ‘Angels Don’t Fly.’ “

The band plays several times a month at the Brick House venue in Houma, Hardrack’s venue in Houma, as well as private house shows.

“Most of the crowds we have played for have thoroughly enjoyed our shows,” Plaisance said.

Plaisance said that although the band would love to go somewhere with its music one day, there are some things that need to be done first.

“We all plan to finish our college education before we try to make it big in music,” he said. “If we don’t make it big, we will still play music outside of our everyday jobs.”