Questions & Answers

Injured player remains as a team player
Injured Brooke Hopper, junior from Tomball, Texas, walks around the court to meet with her team during half time.

Junior Brooke Hopper transferred from Wharton County Community College in Texas to join the Nicholls volleyball team this season. Hopper was injured earlier in the season but still took some time to speak to the Nicholls Worth about the transition to Thibodaux, Louisiana, and how to be a teammate while injured.

Q: What was the transition like from junior college to Nicholls?

A: It was a pretty easy transition because it is going from a college to a college, but the people here were really nice. They helped out with anything I needed.
Q: How is it different here than where you were before?
A: It is a lot bigger. Where I was before, all we had was volleyball, baseball and rodeo. Here we have almost every sport and so many more people on campus who are willing to help you.

Q: Was it an easy adjustment for you? You were a captain before, so what was it like getting acclimated to a new team?

A: I am just really proud of our team. I think we work really hard all year long. We have a really good team and really good team chemistry. We are all best friends, and it really helps us get along on and off the court.

Q: How do you like Louisiana?
A: I like it a lot. It is not too different from Texas, but it is a little different. It is fun.
Q: How is it different?

A: Just down here it is some of the speaking, the words and phrases and stuff like that, but it is fun and I like it. I like learning new stuff.

Q: What made you choose Nicholls?

A: When I came on my visit, I really liked the college. I really liked the campus. It just made me feel like I was really wanted and welcomed. It was just a nice atmosphere.

Q: Do you feel like, even being injured, it is good to still be around everyone as far as being new and building team chemistry?
A: It really helps. Even though I am injured, I still want to do as much as I can on the sidelines to help them. I will tell them what shots they have open and talk to them like I would if I was playing or on the bench.

Q: Almost like a coach?

A: Yeah, I kind of just help them however I can.

Q: Being injured right when you are starting, do you feel driven to come back?

A: I do. I want to get better, but I also want to get back on the court as soon as I can.