Not just coffee

If you are like me or any of the other coffee addicts at Nicholls, you should know that the spring 2011 semester was a rough one in terms of coffee withdrawals. And while I enjoy my classic cup of hot coffee, sometimes it’s nice to mix things up with some frozen treats from Jazzman’s Café and Bakery.

Imagine how surprised I was when I came to work at The Nicholls Worth on Monday and was told that the brand new Jazzman’s Café and Bakery was open for business.

Upon walking into the café, you will be greeted by one of the friendliest staffs on campus. You can also look forward to your nose being treated to the smell of fresh coffee, muffins, turnover, brownies, Panini sandwiches and so much more.

After I ordered my grande tuxedo blast, I took a seat on one of the couches near the entrance and waited for my drink to be made. It was pretty impressive to see nine people in line on just the second day of business.

The new café also makes one of the best study spots on campus. Several tables, chairs, couches and even one of the new WEPA printers can be found near the pickup counter.

What sets this café apart from others is the fact that it is freestanding and has a drive-thru that will begin running in the next few weeks. You can also order your drink from your iPhone using the free Jazzman’s application. I can’t help but see myself leaving class in, say, Powell Hall, ordering an iced blueberry green tea and having it waiting for me on the counter when I get there.

While it may have been a tough spring session to go through without my coffee, I can confidently say that it was well worth the wait. The new Jazzman’s Café and Bakery is a great place to study, hang out with friends or just take a break from the busy college life. I can officially call it my favorite place on campus.