Cafeteria cashier appreciated by many students

Ms. Eunice hands a student his receipt on Monday in the Galliano Dining Hall. Ms. Eunice said she loves working at Nicholls and doesn’t believe in bad days.

Every student who has eaten in the cafeteria knows Ms. Eunice. Ms. Eunice is a cashier and one of the first faces that students see as they come into the cafeteria. While some students may not know her by name, Ms. Eunice is known by many as the nice lady who swipes your Colonel Card.

“She is the sweetest,” Kristan Lennix, freshman from LaPlace, said, “She always makes you smile.”

Ms. Eunice is known for calling students by name and makes sure to remind them to enjoy their lunch and have a great day upon leaving.

“I love Ms. Eunice,” Kiala Singleton, family and consumer science junior from Houma, said. “She always has a smile on her face and always puts a smile on mine. She is the sweetest lady I have ever met.”

Ms. Eunice’s coworker, Ms. Peggy, says that Ms. Eunice is great to work with and does all that she can to help students.

“She brightens my day, every day,” Keri Parquet, computer information systems sophomore from LaPlace, said.

Students like Mary Myers, freshman from Covington, see Ms. Eunice as more than a smiling cashier.

“I am not from here, so I never get to see my mom, unlike other people,” Myers said. “Every time I go to the cafeteria and see her, I can’t help but think of her as my mom away from home. Her friendly greetings and the fact that she just gives out a feeling of love makes me happy.”

Chelsie Bergeron, freshman from Pierre Part, said that Ms. Eunice is an inspiration to students.

“Her smile and loving personality can make any gloomy day happier or any sunny day sunnier,” Bergeron said. “Thank you, Ms. Eunice, for your refreshing attitude that brightens the lives of many.”

A hand-made card given to Ms. Eunice named her“N.S.U. Employee of the Year.”