Students give opinions on food court

The new food court in the Donald G. Bollinger Memorial Student Union was completed for the students at the beginning of the spring semester, and students are beginning to express their opinions on the new changes.

The new food court consists of the already implemented Sub Connection with three new additional options.

While some students enjoy the new options, others are not happy about the changes.

Alaina Muffoletto, freshman from Jeanerette said, “I don’t like that they got rid of Chik-Fil-A. I would change the food places because I’ve never heard of these places, and I don’t like the Sub Connection.”

Emily Bourg, art junior from Larose explained what she likes and dislikes.

“I really like the Bayou Pizza and Pasta,” Bourg said, “The Meatballs and spaghetti are delicious, the prices a little cheaper would be nice.”

Kelley Robertson, culinary sophomore from Baltimore, on the other hand, had a few good things to say about the new food court.

“I like the chicken tenders and the onion rings from the Original Burger Company,” Robertson said, “They could have gotten rid of the Sub Connection though. We already have subs in the caf. Other than that, I like the changes.”

Kimberly Gipson, culinary sophomore from Donaldsonville, compared the food to the cafeteria’s food.

“I like the pizza,” Gipson said. “It’s better than the one in the caf.” Gipson went on to say that she also thinks that the school could have gotten rid of the Sub Connection.

“I like the changes to the union, but I wish we still had the Selona Grill,” Joslynn Guarisco, mass communication sophomore from Morgan City, said. “That burger place was awesome. The Bayou Pizza and Pasta place is pretty good, and I kind of miss Chik-Fil-A.” Gaurisco also said that she likes the Colonel’s Retreat because they serve beer.

Adam LeBlanc, freshman from Raceland, had nothing but good things to say about the changes.

“I like the new food court,” Leblanc said. “I feel like I have a lot more healthier choices. I feel like, with money in question here, they are spending it well when it comes to refreshments.”