Anthony Davis and his unibrow will be the face of the NBA

While LeBron James and Kevin Durant are having their fun at the top of the league, Anthony Davis is proving himself as the next transcendent superstar in the NBA.
Two years into his young career, the 21-year-old Davis is taking the league by storm. Davis has yet to reach his ceiling and is not even in his “prime,” while averaging 21 points, ten rebounds and nearly three blocks (which leads league) per game. His dominance continued in a 121-120 victory over the Boston Celtics on March 16. Davis posted a career-high 40 points, shooting 14 of 24 from the floor. He also grabbed 21 rebounds and managed three blocks, three assists and a steal.
He has been white hot since the March 4 match-up against the Lakers, averaging 32 and 14 rebounds. This could be a small taste of what he can accomplish in the NBA.
Two years ago, while he was playing for the University of Kentucky, people questioned if he could make it in the NBA due to his lanky frame. While the story is well-known that Davis played guard just three years ago, he answered the questions of how he would fair in his freakishly lengthy body.
Many people said he should put on weight if he wants to make it in the NBA.
My question is, “Why?”
He seems to be doing well without it. I’ve been fortunate enough to see him play live, and it is something special. People underestimate his quickness and speed on defense. That speed, paired with a seven and half foot wingspan, makes for a shot-blocking nightmare on defense.
He is so unique on the defensive end, and he is blocking shots at record-setting rate. The league has never seen a dominant force at such a young age for big-men. As of March 11, he became legal to drink. That is what makes him so scary: his age and potential.
At 21, he is still developing an offensive game, ranging from post moves to the pick-and-roll. He has room to grow. Again, we are talking about a guy who  essentially grew seven inches overnight. Just three years ago, Davis was a 6’3″ guard. Post play and picks were not exactly his forte, being a guard for most of his high school career.
One of the best things about Davis is that he hustles. His off-ball play speaks for itself. That could be why his numbers have spiked recently in points per game. Davis is not known for his offensive ability, but the Pelicans average 1.9 more points per 100 possessions with him on the floor. The Pelicans have a higher average of points in the paint, second chance points and points off turnovers with Davis playing.
Because he plays for a mediocre team in a smaller market like New Orleans, he is not getting the recognition he would be getting if he were in a city like Los Angeles or New York.
This is the dawn of the new era and in five years, Anthony Davis and his glorious unibrow will be the face of the NBA.