Athletics fundraiser to take place Saturday

The third annual Stroll for Student Athletes starts at 9 a.m. Saturday in the main lobby of the Bollinger Memorial Student Union to help raise funds for student-athlete scholarships. The stroll, a walk through and around the campus, will take 30 to 40 minutes to complete, concluding with a catered breakfast in the student union lobby.

Anyone can participate for a $10 fee, which includes a T-shirt and breakfast. Registration is at 8:30 the morning of the race in the student union. Early registration can be done online at ColonelSports.com.

In addition to individual participants, teams can participate for $100 or more through solicited donations.

Corporate sponsors can participate for $100 for Team Sponsor, $250 for Gray Sponsor or $500 for Red Sponsor.

The goal for the number of on-campus teams is 15, according to Louise “Do” Bonin. Business affairs, University College and three groups within the athletic department have already registered as teams, Bonin said.

“The Stroll is a fun way for everyone to get involved and help us raise much needed funds for scholarships,” Bonin said. “These funds help ensure that our student athletes excel academically as well as athletically.”

The goal for this year is to raise $8,000 and have at least 200 participants, Bonin said. She said last year the Stroll raised $5,000 and had about 125-150 participants.

For more information about the race or race registration, contact Bonin, associate director of athletics and chair of the Stroll, at 448-4284.