Homecoming king, queen vrowned at game Oct. 7

Kristi Ledet, nursing junior from Houma, and Shane Prejean, biology junior from Houma, were announced as Homecoming king and queen during halftime at the Nicholls game against Southeastern Oct. 7 in John L. Guidry Stadium.
Photo by: Tyrin Fultz

Sigma Alpha Epsilon nominees Shane Prejean, pre-med junior from Houma, and Kristi Ledet, nursing junior from Thibodaux, were crowned Homecoming king and queen Oct. 7. Besides being an SAE, Prejean works at the Alumni House and was nominated to the Delta Zeta sorority Sweetheart Court.

He is also a member of the Pre-Professional Medical Association and was chosen as the PMA outstanding freshman in 2004. The award was based on academic excellence and involvement in the PMA.

Prejean also received the National Foundation Scholarship from SAE because of his leadership and academic achievements in the fraternity.

Ledet is a member of Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, is assistant publicity director for the Student Programming Association and is a member of the Nicholls Association of Student Nurses.

She has also been elected to Greek Court; is SAE’s Violet, the highest award given to a woman from the chapter and won the Spirit Award for Tri Sigma.

Prejean said he was overwhelmed after his name was announced, and he could not believe it was happening.

“Now that I look back on it, I’m happy my family and friends were there to support and cheer for me,” Prejean said.

Ledet said she was very shocked, and she was not expecting to hear her name called.

“My heart was pounding, and I was shaking when they called my name,” Ledet said.

Prejean said Homecoming week was very exciting, and he had a hard time deciding what event he liked best.

“My favorite part of the week was the bonfire because the court was presented to the students, and I was able to see all the school spirit for the game on Saturday,” Prejean said.

Ledet said she enjoyed the parade, bonfire and pep rally because many organizations came together for one event and everyone had fun.

Ledet also said she is very excited about receiving the honor because the students were the ones who made the decision.

“I feel very respected and honored to be named Homecoming queen,” Ledet said.

“Being named Homecoming king is an honor and a gratifying experience because I see my hard work and involvement is recognized,” Prejean said.