Five applications accepted in search of Ayo’s successor

The University of Louisiana System Board has approved the applications of five more people for the position of president of Nicholls.
What follows is an overview of each of these five applicants.
Ronald Ambrosetti, Ph.D., is currently the associate vice president for faculty affairs and academic resources at California State University at Dominguez Hills in Carson, Calif. He has served in such positions as associate vice president for faculty affairs, associate dean of the college of arts and sciences and associate dean of the faculty.
Ambrosetti earned his doctorate in English from Bowling Green University in Ohio in 1969, and in 1968 from that same institution he earned his masters in English. In 1967, he eared his bachelor’s degree from Loyola College in Baltimore Md.
George Baker, Ed.D., currently works in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System office. Prior to this, he was executive vice president for Northwest Technical College in Perham, Minn. He has also served as founding vice president and chief campus officer-Calhoun campus for Coosa Valley Technical Institute in Rome, Ga. His other positions have included dean of industrial and engineering technology and statewide grant and programs administrator.
Baker earned his doctorate of education from the university of Northern Colorado in Greeley, Colo. He earned his masters in education from Penn State University in University Park, Pa. From California State University in California, Pa., he earned his bachelor’s of science.
Bernice Bass de Martinez, Ph.D. currently serves California State University Sacramento in Sacramento, Calif., as a professor for the department of teacher education. She has served in the positions of provost and vice president for academic affairs, senior associate vice president for academic affairs, dean of the school of graduate studies and dean of the college of education and human services, among others.
Bass de Martinez earned her doctorate from the university of Florida in 1975 in curriculum and instruction. From the University of Northern Colorado, in 1972, she earned her masters in elementary education, and from the same institution, in 1970, she earned her bachelor’s.
Roger Bowen, Ph.D., has most recently served as the president of the Milwaukee Public Museum. He decided to leave that position to come back to the realm of higher education. Prior to that he was the president of the State University of New York. He has also served as vice president for academic affairs at Hollins College.
Bowen earned his doctorate from the University of British Columbia in 1977. Prior to that, he earned his masters from the University of Michigan in 1970, and in 1969 he earned his bachelor’s.
Carlos Clark currently serves as the director of student financial aid/ adjunct professor at Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University in Normal, Ala. Prior to that he was the director of financial aid at Mary Holmes College in West point, Miss.
He is expected to earn his doctorate degree in May of this year in education from the University of Mississippi. From the same institution, he earned his masters of arts, bachelor of arts and bachelor of business administration.
Complete applications can be checked out at the reserve desk of Ellender Memorial Library or they can be accessed from the library’s home page from the Nicholls website www.nicholls.edu/library.