Geekly Weekly

Look in the sky!  It’s a kiwi! It’s a plane! It’s a… bird with little wings?

With all the new games coming out for the iOS system that try to push the limits and graphics of the iPhone, it’s nice to have a game that still keeps it simple and awesome. Tiny Wings is just that game that keeps the simplicity of iPhone games fresh.

From the look of the thumbnail of the new game on iTunes, you’d think it’s just an Angry Birds clone.

Here’s the point where you slap yourself in the head for being wrong.

The only thing that Tiny Wings and Angry Birds have in common is that they involve birds.

Tiny wings is about a poor little bird with-what else?-tiny wings. His tiny little wings only allow him to fly for a short amount of time, and this bird wants to fly so much that he will try his hardest to fly if it takes him all day.

You have to tap the screen in succession with the different sized hills so that the little bird can successfully fly. The faster he goes through the hills, the higher and longer the little bird can fly.

The objective is for you to get the bird as far as he can go in under a day’s time. As you reach the end of the first island, you see that the bird flies off of the island and the game continues as you reach another island. The more islands you reach, the better.

If you don’t make it to the fourth island by the time the day is over, you have to start over from the first island.

In the game, you are also given objectives before you start that help you get a bigger score multiplier. Objectives include things like making it to a certain island and getting a certain amount of perfect “slides,” which are when you have a smooth landing onto a hill.

If you get enough slides in perfect succession, you get to the next island quicker, which gets you a lot of points, and you won’t have to start from the beginning.

This game is the perfect example of how an iPhone game should be. It’s easy to pick up and play, and the design and graphics of the game are just perfect for the iPhone.

I would definitely recommend this game if you happen to own any portable device from Apple. Although the game is 99 cents, I would say that it is well worth the money.

I give the game a 9 out of 10 for it’s simple, yet addicting gameplay. For the Geekly Weekly, I’m Donny. Happing Gaming, fellow geeks.