Police advise of suspicious person around campus

As more students arrive for the first week of class, University Police remind students to remain aware of their surroundings and of a suspicious person who may be around campus.  
Craig Jaccuzzo, chief of University Police, said there is no crime, but an incident did occur.  
According to a police advisory from University Police, a female jogging along Bowie Road towards Ardoyne Drive noticed a small red four-door car following her on the morning of Aug. 19.  
The jogger noticed the driver parked the car and started following her on the walking track located on Ardoyne Drive.  At this point, the jogger ran and lost sight of the driver and his vehicle.  
University Police remind students and faculty of a similar case earlier this year where a female was attacked in Peltier Park.  The female in this incident was jogging before dusk when a man who was hidden under a bench grabbed her.  The victim was running with her keys in hand and was able to stab the suspect in the face with her keys.  The suspect fled on foot and this case remains unsolved.  
The suspect in this case is described as an athletic white male who is 6′ to 6’5″  and in his early to mid-twenties.  The suspect also has short hair or may possibly bald.  
University Police advised individuals to be aware of their surroundings and take common sense precautions to ensure their safety.  
“Safety starts first with the individual,” Jaccuzzo said.  
To report any suspicious activity, contact the University Police Department at 985-448-4911 or 985-448-4746.  All reports can remain anonymous.