Geekly Weekly

Have you ever wondered what it took to sneak into a building and prove your worth as a thief? With the game, “Thief Lupin!” you get that chance, well not in a literal sense but you get what I’m talking about.

This fairly new game puts you through 300 stages of sheer puzzle, each with its own unique pattern.

The game starts with an invitation, but this isn’t just an ordinary invitation for a party or a celebration, it’s an invitation for the king of thieves.

There are four mighty thieves in the game and they are to compete against one another to see who is the king of them all. To become the king, the thieves are challenged to make it to the top of several famous buildings, whoever makes it first, is crowned.

Each building you bring your thief through is made after a famous one, buildings range from the empire state building to the pyramids, each with a certain amount of levels you have to clear before you can move onto the next one.

Who ever said that touching a screen was difficult? Whoever did was correct, Thief Lupin! is a one touch button game, meaning all you have to do is touch the screen or some variant of having your finger on the screen for your thief to move through each level.

One may think that would be a super easy game, but they could also be wrong. While it is a simple game, it is one that is hard to master. Each level you progress through gets more and more difficult to finish. This game can put in the categories of games that are seemingly frustrating but addicting.

Thief Lupin! was released on January 30 of this year, and it has reached the top free apps in the app store in the past few months.  

When I first saw it ranked second, Just the app’s picture was intriguing. Upon reading about it and seeing a YouTube video of the gameplay I had to have it.

When I first started to play I got really into it, its 2d graphics are above par and the gameplay was highly addictive. As the game went on, I began to get frustrated the more levels I finished.

Although my rage got the best of me, you can still pick this game up for yourself on the iPhone and try it for yourself. It’s free so you don’t have anything to regret if you don’t like it.

I give the game an 8 out of 10 for its great graphics and its frustrating difficulty. For the Geekly Weekly, I’m Donny. Happy gaming fellow geeks.