Man arrested for threats on campus

Man arrested for threats on campus

A former University student was arrested Sept. 24 on charges of Resisting an Officer and Terrorizing, following a disturbance on campus earlier that morning.
According to an affidavit obtained from University Police, officers responded to a disturbance at Fee Collections, observing Eric Guillot, 28, of Pierre Part, talking to an employee there. Guillot was asked to step out by one officer and the other officer stayed behind to speak to the employee.
The employee said Guillot, a former student, came to the Fee Collections window to ask how much he owed the University. The employee told Guillot that he owed the University $80 for unpaid parking fines. When asked where he was currently parked, Guillot replied that he had parked on Madewood Drive. The employee told him that he should have parked in a visitor’s space to avoid another parking ticket.
According to the affidavit, the employee told officers that Guillot said, “he better not have a ticket on his car, because if he does, he will take his key and stab people in their neck and let the blood flow and then remove their body parts.” The employee said he demonstrated with a key what he was going to do.
The employee also stated that Guillot threatened to put a bomb on campus and blow up all teachers within a 45 mile radius.
 While at the window, Guillot also inquired about an instructor on campus. After receiving his fee bill, he requested a red pen and some tape. When questioned about what he was going to do with the paper, he said he was going to put it on the instructor’s door. Officers obtained a note with jumbled phrases while Guillot was still at the fee window.
Following a dispute between Guillot and one of the officers, Guillot took off toward Madewood Drive where he began pacing back and forth. Guillot entered a small black car and headed toward Canal Blvd. on Hwy. 1.
Officers received telephone calls that Guillot was posting comments on Facebook regarding the incident. In the posts, Guillot mentions the dispute, saying “One officer attacked me I guess because he felt threatened by the Keys in my hand for my car and the possibly that may reaction would be to force the key to my ignition into his ‘Jugular.'”
Following the incident, an advisory was sent out to all students, faculty and staff that Guillot was wanted for questioning by University Police in connection to a disturbance he was involved in on campus.  After being unable to locate Guillot, University Police obtained arrest warrants for Guillot on charges of Resisting an Officer and Terrorizing.
During the night, the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office apprehended Guillot on Hwy. 70 at Gary Street, in Pierre Part, for the aforementioned warrants.  Assumption Parish Sheriff Mike Waguespack said Guillot was issued a summons when he initially refused to get out of the vehicle. After his apprehension, he was transported to the Lafourche Parish Detention Center where he was booked. Guillot’s bond was set at $100,000.
According to University Police Chief Craig Jaccuzzo, Guillot has previously been charged with disturbing the peace, obscenity, and possession of marijuana in Lafayette Parish and stalking and unauthorized entry of an inhabited dwelling in Assumption Parish.
Students, faculty and staff were alerted about the incident via text messages, phone calls and emails. Jaccuzzo said University Police always takes precautions, regardless of the severity of any incident, because protection of all members on campus is their priority.
“We are a transparent police department,” Jaccuzzo explained. “We are proactive and reactive when we need to be, and we have no issues or qualms about letting our campus know what is taking place and what we are doing.”