Student opinions vary on SGA fee allocations

Following the publication of a personal opinion column regarding the Student Government Association’s student fee allocation, The Nicholls Worth staff received much oral feedback. One student suggested polling students to see what their opinions on the matter were. The news staff of The Nicholls Worth polled 25 random students, including at least one SGA senator, to see what their thoughts were.

Survey questions were based on the questions and comments students mentioned to staff members.

Students could choose to answer “yes,” “no,” or “undecided” to each question.

“Undecided” was included as an option in case the surveyed students were not knowledgeable of the situation.

The results are as follows.

1. Do you think the SGA should spend $300 of students’ money to purchase T-shirts for the senators? Yes – 0. No – 22. Undecided – 3.

2. Do you think the SGA should spend student funds on meals for five senators ($75 per student) during their convention? Yes – 3. No – 16. Undecided – 6.

3. Should the SGA be allowed to allocate student funds to the SGA for other things, like convention fees or office equipment? Yes – 14. No – 3. Undecided – 8.

4. Do you think the SGA spends enough on students and student organizations? Yes – 2. No – 8. Undecided – 15.

5. Are you satisfied with what the SGA has accomplished? Yes – 4. No – 3. Undecided – 18.