Senate discusses project updates, no new business

No new business nor any old business was discussed at the Student Government Association Senate meeting on March 22.
Steve Escobar explained the surveys the SGA will be handing out to random students on if students would be willing to pay a fee directed only for campus improvement. Southeastern charges $15 per student per semester. Nicholls and the SGA are considering starting this fee, but in order to do so it needs to be voted on by students during a general election. The survey is to see how many students would be interested in paying the fee and their suggestions.
A student government financial position statement as of March 22, 2006, was handed out showing revenues and expenses, budgeted spending and actual spending.
Rochelle Jones’ resignation as treasurer letter was read.
Olinda Ricard gave the vice-president’s report which included 5K run updates. SGAmembers have been working the table in the union to collect donations and sign people up to participate in the event. So far, the total amount collected for sponsors is $75. Donations received so far total $168.86. So far, there are seven people signed up to participate in the walk/run, bringing a total of $37. The total of the funds raised for the event benefit is $205.86. There are only five student government meetings left for the semester.

SGA is discussing adopting a strip of road to clean-up for Keep America Beautiful and are discussing a possible date for the clean-up.