Contortionist to appear with Blaine

Brandon Dufrene, freshman from Houma, is no ordinary student. Dufrene is a contortionist, and he has been picked to appear on the David Blaine Show in New York in May. He performs for people when they ask him to. Dufrene was at a video game tournament when someone videotaped him and posted the clip on the Internet

Q: How did the video become so popular?

A: The guy that videotaped me at the video game tournament put it on ebaumsworld.com.

Q: Why did you make the video?

A: The video was recorded while I was at a video game tournament. I did not know that I was making a video at the time. A random person recorded me without me knowing. They thought that it looked very cool.

Q: How did you find out about the video being on the Internet?

A: A friend of mine called and told me that I won the contest.

Q: Did you know that the video was put on the Internet at www.ebaumsworld.com?

A: Actually no, the guy that recorded me entered the video in a contest on the site.

Q: How did you get the opportunity to appear on the David Blaine Show?

A: Blaine was browsing the Internet and went to the site that the video was on. He clicked on the link to watch the video. He liked it, then contacted me and asked me to be on his show.

Q: What was it like for David Blaine to call and invite you to go spend the day with him in New Orleans?

A: First, we had breakfast at his motel. Then, we toured the Ninth Ward, and he made me do my bending in front of a destroyed home. This was supposed to show that New Orleans would come back alive again even after the hurricane. He is really a very nice guy.

Q: When did you figure out that you are double jointed?

A: When I was about eight years old, I began to bend my body in different ways. In martial arts, I realized that my joints could bend a lot easier than most people.

Q: What is the worst thing that has happened to you while performing?

A: I never seriously hurt my- self, but I did get stuck once. It took me a long time to get unstuck. Now, I do not do that trick anymore.