Briefs

Tryouts for next speech forum to be held
Open tryouts for the second Nicholls forum for the spring semester will be held March 2, March 6 and March 7 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in 101-F, Talbot Hall. Students who wish to try out, but cannot attend at this time, or who have questions about tryouts should contact Aaron O’Neal (Room 101-F, Talbot Hall or call 448-4584).
The topic is “Resolved, that Kathleen Blanco should be recalled as governor of Louisiana.”
Any student who wishes to try out should prepare a speech about four or five minutes long supporting either the pro side or the con side of this issue. Speeches do not need to be polished.
The forum will be March 14 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Bollinger Memorial Student Union Ballroom.Mr. and Ms. Nicholls packets available
Mr. and Ms. Nicholls nomination packets are available in the Student Government Association office. Each organization president should pick up the nomination packet as soon as possible. The deadline to return a completed nomination form and co-curricula is March 2 at 4 p.m.

Professor to assist in Lutheran survey
Grace Lutheran Church in Houma is conducting a survey to determine how many Lutherans attend Nicholls State. If you are Lutheran, or just interested in learning about Lutheranism, please contact Lloyd Chiasson (448-4632 or 448-1294).

Office of Mobile Customer Service Center to come to Nicholls
The Office of Motor Vehicles will bring its Mobile Customer Service center, its office on wheels, to campus March 23 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The following services will be provided:
 Drivers license renewal (Class D $36.50 and E $21.50),
duplicate $13
 Initial $18, renewal $18 or duplicate $13 identification card
 Mobility impaired hang-tag $3
 Name change $13 (except at renewal)
 Address change (free)
 Voter registration and organ donation (free)
Renewals are permissible up to 180 days prior to the date of expiration and 90 days for identification cards. The above services are cash only transactions.
Cash or checks are accepted for the following:
 Register and title vehicle (depending on sale price of vehicle)
 Renew license plate (depending on sale price of vehicle)
 Duplicate vehicle registration $12 and title $26.50
 Cancel license plate (free)
 Address change (free)
Late fees are possible on expired renewals. Proof of current insurance is required for all driver’s license and vehicle registration transactions (if customer has a vehicle registered in his name).

Beta Alphia Psi thanks those who donated
Beta Alphia Psi collected more than $130 for Habitat for Humanity due to the generous donations made on campus. Beta Alphia Psi would like to thank everyone who made donations. Habitat for Humanity is an organization that is able to help many people in need through donations of this sort.

Walt Disney World representatives to visit campus
Career Services and the Nicholls Walt Disney World campus representatives will sponsor a movie night on March 15 at 6 p.m. in Le Bijou Theatre. “The Incredibles” will be shown, snacks will be served and door prizes will be handed out. The representatives will hold presentations for the internship program on March 20 and 21 in Le Bijou Theatre.

State political science meeting to come to Nicholls
The Louisiana Political Science Association annual meeting will be March 3 at Nicholls. Registration will be at 8 a.m. Two sessions will be held from 8:30 a.m. until 11:15 a.m. John Maginnis, author of “The Last Hayride ” and “Cross to Bear,” will be the keynote speaker from 1 p.m. until 2 p.m. Two additional sessions will follow. Sessions include panels on such topics as international law and Middle East environmental policies as well as roundtables on topics such as the war on terrorism and campaigns and elections