Ory knows who she’s gonna call

Personal opinion

I’ll be the first one to say that I really don’t believe in paranormal activity or the existence of paranormal beings, but lately I am thinking I may have to change my mind. As a resident on the fifth floor of Ellender Residence Hall, I know that crazy things can happen. But, some happenings have compelled me to think there may be some kind of paranormal activities going on.

Now, I will admit I may be going overboard, and these “happenings” may just be my ignorance towards detail. Nevertheless, here are my accounts of the ghost.

On one occasion, I was putting a puzzle together. I got up, took my blanket, and tossed it onto my bed. After being out of the room for a while I returned and covered up with the blanket. A handful of puzzle pieces fell onto the bed!

Paranormal…or not? Since I threw the blanket, the pieces, if caught in the blanket, should have fallen on the floor. Was a ghost picking up where I left off?

There have also been instances where things don’t appear to be how I left them. The television remote, pillows and other objects appear to be out of place, leading me to believe someone or something has moved them.

Now, you may be thinking that it is my roommate who does this, but I have a private room. My suitemate does not intrude on my side of the suite unless I am in there.

Things are even starting to happen in the bathroom. The tile spray, which is normally on the side of the tub, was on the floor. The shower curtain, which is normally closed, was open on one instance. Neither my suitemate nor myself was in the room at the time. I wonder what is really going on!

Strange movements, noises and freaky feelings creep up on me while I am alone in my room. Sometimes, I feel I may be being watched.

I am sure that people do experience these things, and that they are legitimate reasons to be on guard, but could they be the results of paranormal activity?

Opinions will vary, and many, except those who know me, will think that I fell a little too far from the cuckoo’s nest with these assumptions. I do feel though that there is something in Ellender.

It could be argued that I may not be getting enough sleep or that I am just paranoid, but this activity could be real.