Herbalife nutrition program proves successful for alumnus

Nicholls alumnus inspires students to lose weight through his weight loss journey with the help of the Herbalife brand.
Herbalife is a line of nutritional products dedicated to helping people maintain a healthy lifestyle. Errol Monget is a distributer of the product and has seen results himself as well as in other students who have bought the products. The products are not approved by the Food and Drug Administration so there are some speculations as to how safe the products really are and has people thinking, “Is this too good to be true?”
Monget has experienced positive results using Herbalife tea and shakes. He started out weighing around 350 pounds, and he now weighs 206 pounds after using Herbalife. Monget is now a distributer of the product as well as a wellness coach, in which he helps his clients meet their weight loss goals.
Monget states that when he started Herbalife, he was very limited on how much exercise he could do. He had just undergone knee surgery, and the doctor put him on strict orders to limit his mobility. He found out about Herbalife by going to Colonel Nutrition and looking for a weight loss product that was safe to use and was guaranteed to show results.
Monget lost eight pounds in the first two weeks without doing any workouts. Since starting Herbalife this past January, he has lost a total of 49 pounds and said he has felt better than he ever has.
When asked if the product was safe or not, Monget said, “It’s all the stuff we should put in our bodies. Herbalife is plant based and all natural. It is absolutely safe for people to use.”
Herbalife is not just weight loss supplements. The products extend to digestive, cardiac and skin health, but the most popular product is the weight loss shakes and tea. “It shouldn’t be called a weight loss company; it is basically a nutrition company dedicated to the health of its customers,” Monget said.
Herbalife is not FDA approved because, according to Monget, it is very hard for a food or drug of any kind to be approved by the FDA.
“They have set very strict guidelines and most of the food that people put in their bodies on a regular basis is not FDA approved,” Monget said.
The only known side effect of Herbalife occurs if the person taking the supplement suddenly changes his/her diet. Some of these people have complained of feeling sick after their first week of trying the product.
“The body is detoxing itself of all of these fattening foods,” Monget said. “If your diet is pretty good, you shouldn’t have any problems on the first week. This side effect is pretty rare.”
In Thibodaux, Herbalife can only be purchased through a distributer or at Colonel Nutrition. This is put in place to ensure that there is a customer- distributer relationship with the product.
“I often call my clients just to see how they are doing,” Monget said. “I really care about whether or not they meet or exceed their weight loss goals.”
When a person goes to a general nutrition store, according to Monget, the employees don’t care about the person’s results. He said that because Herbalife worked for him, he knows it will work for his clients as well, and that he genuinely cares about them.   
Monget said that Herbalife saved his life and it is the best thing that has ever happened to him.
“I love being able to tell my story so that other people do not have to go through what I went through,” Monet said, “I hope to be an example for all people that don’t think that they can lose weight. It worked for me and it can work for anyone.”