Nicholls takes part in local bike night

Nicholls will take part in Mike Bruno’s Bayou Country Harley Davidson’s monthly bike night on Thursday in Houma, and host ‘Fan Fest’ at John L. Guidry Stadium on Saturday. The Colonels will take part in the bike night on Thursday as a part of the ‘Football Kickoff Theme’ with all the other local prep teams. Coaches and student-athletes will be on hand for the pep rally type atmosphere.

“We are excited to be included in the Houma based business’ monthly bike night, and look forward to building some new friendships within the community. We have a lot of players from Houma and its surrounding areas,” said Head Coach Jay Thomas.

The bike night is held at the store’s location on Martin Luther King Blvd. from 6:30 till 9 p.m. on Thursday with the Colonels being featured at 7:30 p.m.

On Saturday, the Colonels’ will host its second annual ‘Fan Fest’ which gives fans a free opportunity to come out and see their 2009 squad scrimmage in John L. Guidry Stadium.

Kickoff is set for 1 p.m., and the first 150 fans that walk through the gate will receive a free poster and schedule magnet.

“It is a great chance for our fans to come out and see this season’s team. After the scrimmage, fans are welcome to come on the field and get autographs from our players. Last year we had a really great turnout and hope to see the same if not more,” said Thomas.

“Having fans in the stands helps create a game type atmosphere and will better help prepare us for our season opener at Air Force.