Homecoming king and queen announced

After being crowned homecoming king at halftime on Oct. 22, Tyler Folse, pre-physical therapy senior from Cut Off, celebrates with Hailey Silverii, biology junior from Thibodaux and homecoming queen.

University president Stephen Hulbert crowned Sigma Sigma Sigma nominee Hailey Silverii and Sigma Alpha Epsilon nominee Tyler Folse as this year’s Home- coming queen and king at halftime during Saturday’s football game against Stephen F. Austin.

Silverii, biology junior from Thibodaux, serves as the vice president of Sigma Sigma Sigma. She is also secretary of the Pre- Professional Medical Association, delegate-at-large for the Nicholls Honors Program and a member of the Order of Omega.

Silverii said hearing her name announced as queen was shocking. “I was really excited and just kind of overwhelmed. I am really grate-

ful for this honor,” Silverii said. Though being crowned queen was a great part of her week, Silverii said her favorite homecoming

activity was the parade.

“I have never ridden in a parade

before, and being able to ride with Tyler was exciting.”

Silverii said the best part about homecoming week was the game after she was crowned queen. She said being with her family and see- ing them so proud was great and so was seeing her friends in the student section cheering her on. It was a highlight of her night.

“Being on court and being able to represent my sorority in a positive way to the Nicholls community was fun,” Silverii said.

After college, Silverii plans to at- tend medical school.

“I’m not sure what aspect of medicine I am going to go into, but I know that’s what I want to do,” Silverii said.

Folse, pre-physical therapy se- nior from Cut Off, serves as vice president of Sigma Alpha Epsilon, a member of the Pre-Professional Medical Association and a member of the Order of Omega. He is also a member of the student athletic advisor committee and the cross country team.

“I was shocked and confused.

I wasn’t expecting to win king,” Folse said.

Getting a chance to go to tail- gate for a little with his brothers was the best, Folse said, even in the midst of the excitement.

The best about homecoming for him was having “the game and the pep rally get the student body ready for the week,” Folse said.

“It’s actually one of those things you like, but you don’t, having to be at different places for each activity. Keeping busy was fun though,” Folse said.

After college, Folse plans to at- tend physical therapy school. He is currently placing his applications for school.