An overview of the new Lagniappe

I’d like to start this weekly column by introducing myself and explaining to the readers the intentions and goals of the coming semester’s Lagniappe section. As editor, it is my duty to ensure the readers are entertained and the stories are written with the maximum amount of fairness and accuracy. In the upcoming semester, the readers can expect many forms of media reviews ranging from movies, plays, music and novels.

The section will also feature a weekly column written by myself or another staff member. Readers can look forward to “Powell’s Peeves,” a bi-monthly column in which I express disdain in a humorous manner directed at experiences I’ve had across the University.

We will also feature a relationship column titled “Sex, Shoes and Chardonnay,” which will offer insight and advice on love, sex and relationships, particulaly for women, written by an anonymous staff member.

It is my hope that the new Lagniappe section will cater to every type of reader interested in the arts and entertainment. I hope the targets of our playful criticisms can take it in good humor and just roll with the punches.

It is my vision that readers will look forward to flipping to this section of the newspaper in hopes of finding something entertaining and fulfilling. I’d like it to be a break from the world of news and an escape into humor and interesting arts.

As with past editions of the Nicholls Worth, the Lagniappe section will also offer coverage of campus shows, productions and performance and will include a feature story written by myself or one of our staff members every week. This will give readers an alternative to hard news and political commentary.

I have high hopes for the coming semester and hope everyone can find something to enjoy.