Hollywood has holiday drama

From sex scandals to alleged domestic abuse, the infamous world of Hollywood never seems to fall short of a living movie, minus the director calling action and cut.As I am sure many of you know, on Dec. 25 Charlie Sheen’s wife Brooke Mueller called police in Aspen, Colo. to report that her husband was threatening her with a knife. As it stands, Brooke has moved back into the family home in Los Angeles, Calif. Brooke’s attorney, Yale Galanter told E! News, “Charlie is also in Los Angeles, staying with one of his very close friends.”

It is not confirmed if Sheen had a chance to see his twin boys, but “I think it’s taking more of a toll on the kids than on Brooke,” Galanter said. “They want to see their father, and obviously it’s taken a toll on their dad as well. It’s a horrible thing when a court order breaks up a family.” According to E! News, the family will be heading back to Aspen on Jan. 20 for a hearing where they hope they will get their court order restricting them from seeing each other lifted.

In the midst of recent controversy, Woods was spotted in Hattiesburg-Bobby L. Chain Municipal Airport Monday night. “He didn’t look happy or sad, just straight,” an unknown source told E! News. “He looked around and got in the driver’s seat. He didn’t seem to be in a hurry. He just walked around the car and got in. He sat there for a few seconds, then just drove off. His luggage was already in the car.”

On a positive note, Russell Simmons, who is affiliated with Def Jam and Phat Farm, tweeted, “Tiger woods is doing something amazing!!!” and “I heard tiger woods donating to send a cargo plane with a mobile hospital out there. Keep [your] prayers high!” Donating to Haiti is a good public relations move for Woods.

Both Oprah Winfrey and Tyra Banks are reportedly retiring from their talk shows. A representative for Harpo Incorporated told E! News, “Yes, it’s true that she will be ending her show in September 2011.” Sept. 9, 2011 will be the last episode of Winfrey’s 25-season “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”

Banks will end her daytime television talk show at the end of its fifth season. Tyra quickly addressed that she was not ending her show because of ratings. “The thing is, ‘The Tyra Show’ is not leaving because of you,” Tyra told Access Hollywood. “Most times, a show leaves the air because not many people are watching. Well, you all are watching in record numbers. You must know this love and support is always felt by me, and it’s given me the courage to take more exciting steps in my life. So I thank you for that.”

As a new season of the hit ABC show “The Bachelor” begins, Rozlyn Papa was kicked off the show for having an alleged sexual relationship with one of the show’s producers. During an interview with “Fisher in the Morning” on Mix 103.7 in Richmond, Va., Papa denied the entire sex scandal. “There was no making out,” Papa said. “Unfortunately, I did not ‘get any’ out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known I was gonna get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it.”

Carrie Underwood is engaged to Canadian hockey player Mike Fisher. Her publicist released a statement saying, “I’m happy to confirm that Carrie Underwood is engaged to Mike Fisher, and the couple couldn’t be happier.” In other engagement news, Katy Perry and Russell Brand are engaged. Brand proposed while the two were vacationing in India.

In movie news, for all of you “Spiderman” fans, Tobey Maguire and Director Sam Raimi will not be working on “Spiderman 4”, which is expected to hit theatres in 2012. However, some good news is that “Avatar” is ranked second behind “Titanic,” having made about $1,606,767,005 worldwide, according to IMDB.com.