GPA phone home

Students may pick up grades by phone

Students will be able to receive their grades over the telephone on the Gray line beginning May 23. Rather than waiting for up to five weeks for grades, students can call 449-GRAY and receive their grades.

“This is the phone line that students use to register. Most students just don’t realize that they can get their grades too,” Mickey Diez, assistant director of records and registration, said.

Students who call the number must have their personal identification number, which can be obtained from their adviser, and their social security number.

A touch-tone phone must be used when calling.

“When a student calls, he will be prompted to punch in his PIN and his SSN for verification. He will then be given his grades by a automated system,” Diez said.

A student’s PIN changes every semester, so seeing an advisor is very important Diez said.

“This system has been in use for as long as I have been here. I think it is very convenient, but students just don’t know about it,” Diez said.

“I have used the phone system since I have been at Nicholls. It is really helpful because I can get my grades within one week instead of five,” Nicholas Boudreaux, accounting sophomore from Houma, said.

“I think it is a good idea because it prevents students from waiting in line for grades, which makes it a lot easier,” Julie Aupied, elementary education freshman from Thibodaux, said.