Students on a budget can utilize many gifting bargains

For college students, buying gifts on a budget during the holidays can be a stressful task that competes with finals and sleep.
You can knock out your shopping list without putting a huge dent in your funds by searching for sales, gift cards and online shopping deals.
Although it is sometimes overwhelming to rummage through last season’s styles in the clearance section, sale racks often hide treasures that are not only pleasing to the eye but also light on the wallet.
Start with large chain stores because, although boutiques give fun ideas, big stores have better sales. With constant shipments of new merchandise, those retailers are more likely to drop prices to push leftovers out the door.
Stores like Forever 21, Express, Hollister and American Eagle often have deals year-round. Although the prices do not drop as low as older items, those stores cut prices for some of today’s hottest trends that can make perfect gift ideas.
Besides clearance and sales on clothes, stores like Bath and Body Works, Books-a-Million and Target have continuous sales on products throughout the year.
Save receipts too, because many stores will do a price adjustment within a few days of your purchase if a non-sale item goes on sale.
If you are not sure about someone’s personal style or favorite scent, gift cards are a great alternative. Purchasing a gift card is simple because most stores allow customers to purchase gift cards at the register with any dollar amount.
Convenience stores like Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy often have a kiosk or assortment of gift cards from several other stores, restaurants etc., to choose from.
Gift cards allow you to select the amount of money you are comfortable giving, without limiting the recipient to a gift they did not want. This takes the pressure off finding the perfect gift, which can save you embarrassment if that person decides to return what you bought for them or “re-gift” it.
Online shopping is also a rapidly growing trend. Websites like Amazon.com, Overstock.com and EBay.com have online sales daily that allow customers to find deals on items they cannot find in stores.
Though online shopping has some limitations, it also allows you to view all of your options.
When shopping online, customers must be conscious of shipping dates. Some items may be cheap, but it takes a while for them to come in. In order to avoid this, you can opt to pay a little more for quicker or even overnight shipping. Also, make sure when you are purchasing items online to check if the item has been used or not.
If bargain shopping does not appeal to you, get creative and make a gift. Handmade gifts are thoughtful and unique. Making an original holiday card or craft by hand is a great way to spread some festive cheer.
If you have something specific in mind, just plug in to a search engine because chances are, someone, somewhere has already made it and posted a tutorial.
If you run low on time or creativity, a card with money inside is a crowd favorite.
No matter what the gift, or season, chances are the recipient will be thankful either way. Do not stress. Simply pick a gift that is truly from the heart.