Financial Aid moves to Banner System

The transition from ICAN to Banner has been a welcome change and has allowed the Financial Aid department to reassess all aspects of management. Garrett Clement, Associate Director of Financial Aid, said Banner offers a versatile system that gives students real-time access to financial aid eligibility, status, and awards and communication with the office online. Also, the system automates day-to-day responsibilities so the office can focus on more critical matters like face-to-face counseling with students.

The transition to Banner is undoubtedly a better system for the University as a whole, Clement said. The old system was slow and students’ financial aid information took up to a week to process. With Banner, everything is done electronically and applications can now be processed in a day. Paper letters have been done away with and the financial aid office now communicates immediately with students through e-mail, Clement said.

“I am a financial aid and banner fanatic. The successful implementation of Banner Financial Aid is one of my greatest accomplishments!”

Clement said the financial aid office is committed to keeping up with changes in Federal and State regulations. Major internal modifications to the Banner system are performed on a bi-monthly basis to ensure that everything is up to par.

For general financial aid inquiries, Clement said students should contact the Office of Financial Aid at 985-448-4048, [email protected] or in person. If students are having trouble logging in, problems accessing their financial aid information on Banner, or if they have any ideas for improvement, they may contact Clement at 985-448-4048 or [email protected].