Delve into the realm of theater

Performances of Cinderella, Fame, Beauty and the Beast as well as others have graced the stages of theaters across the country during the past year. This Broadway Series has only one show of the series left and audiences wait to see what next season will hold. The chance to view these exciting performances and the actors’ interpretation of the characters is worth the money spent on a theater ticket.

Movies can not do enough justice to these titles. The live shows portray a personal glimpse of fantasy and mystery felt throughout the theater.

Celebrities are brought out of their normal element to engage in dramatic representations of fantasy characters, as well as to participate in songs of the show.

During a performance of The Sound of Music, Barry Williams, otherwise known as Greg Brady from The Brady Bunch, transforms himself into Captain Von Trapp who falls in love with almost-nun, Maria. He perfectly portrays his somber and cold character until Maria warms his heart with song.

Beauty and the Beast takes you to a far off place where the unusual is really not so strange at all. Candelabras, teapots and other pieces of furniture talk, and a Beast rules the castle. Dancing plates, champagne bottles popping and other forms of special effects and pyro-technics help to keep the audiences on their toes. The Beast’s dramatic metamorphous into the handsome prince is spotlighted by fireworks and intense song awing everyone present.

Fame. We all know the song, and like these high schoolers, we want to live forever. The dramatic representation of these hopeful actresses, actors and song writers brought mixed emotions of laughter and tears to audiences. Realizations that some dreams fall apart and some dreams come true became prevalent in the actions of the characters.

Fosse, with choreography by Bob Fosse himself, explored the dance style with moves you’ve never seen before. This show contained non-stop action by the dancers, and kept audiences wanting to see more.

Cinderella brought out the impossible, and proved it to be very possible for pumpkins, mice and a servant girl to be changed and enchanted. With Eartha Kitt as the fairy godmother, audiences were very excited. Paolo Montalban, the prince in ABC/ Disney’s movie “Cinderella” also staring Brandy, served as the prince to Cinderella who rescued her from the evil household she lived in. Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Meadow on “The Sopranos,” displayed the heartache and dreams of Cinderella perfectly.

Whether at the Sanger Theater in New Orleans, at the Thibodaux Playhouse or on campus, theatrical performances can take you away from your worries and troubles into the world of a character you want to be.

These sights, sounds, and songs can stick with you , and make lasting memories that are not soon to be forgotten.