Questions and Answers

Pitcher anticipates season starter
Senior right-hander Lance Dupuis winds and delivers during a game at Ray E. Didier field. Dupuis will start in Fridays game against Chicago State.
Photo by: Sports Information
Senior right-hander Lance Dupuis winds and delivers during a game at Ray E. Didier field. Dupuis will start in Friday’s game against Chicago State.

The Colonels starting pitcher, senior Lance Dupuis, is hoping to take his team to conference this season. In his 2007 season, Dupuis made 13 appearances and nine starts throwing a total of 67.0 innings.

Dupuis was second on the team for strikeouts throwing 43 and walking only 20. Dupuis also gave up 44 runs, 37 of those were earned.

Dupuis had to take a medical redshirt last season and was unable to help his team in their record of 10-44.

He was able to take a break from practice to talk about the upcoming season starting Feb. 20 against Chicago State Cougars.

Q. What is your outlook going into this season?

A. “We were last in the preseason polls so I definitely want to set an example and do better than that. Obviously, I want to get into the Southland Conference Championship and win it.”

Q. Has the success of the Men’s basketball team inspired you to do better knowing you are last in the preseason polls?

A. “It motivates you to do better. Seeing them doing well gives us a chance to know that we can do it too.”

Q. How do you feel the new players on the team will affect this season?

A. “The new players affect us in a positive way for sure. All of the new guys came in and it’s like the old Nicholls is out and there’s a totally new face. Everyone here wants to work hard and get here early.”

Q. How do you feel the intrasquad games have helped the team this season?

A. “Our pitching did really well this past intrasquad and I’m just hoping we get better everyday.”

Q. What are some of your personal goals for this season?

A. “I want to stay healthy and I want to lead this team to conference for sure. I want to set the tone for Friday night, and I know from there I have to do that well or better.”

Q. How are you feeling going into Friday’s game against Chicago State?

A. “It’s taking forever to get here. I want to sweep for sure that way we can set the tone for the rest of the season. Hopefully one of our players will get Conference Player of the Week.”

Q. What do you feel is the major difference between this season and last season?

A. “The energy in all of the guys. It’s all about baseball and the love for it. You can tell everyone wants to be out here.”

The Colonels open their season Fri. Feb. 20 against Chicago State for 6 p.m. on Ray E. Didier field.