Geekly Weekly

Cut the Rope

You have to do what, now?The newly released iPhone app, “Cut the Rope” has been the talk of the app store as of late. Being released only three weeks ago, “Cut the Rope” has become number one in the top paid charts. This new game is published by the same people that published “Angry Birds,” so if you’ve played that then “Cut the Rope” is for you.

The name of the game is basically the objective. A package has arrived at your front door and inside the box is a tiny, green monster named Om Nom. Your task is to simply feed the Om Nom by cutting the rope that holds a piece of candy at the end of it.

The farther you get into the levels, the harder the task of feeding the monster becomes. Dodging spikes, spiders and gravity are just some of the obstacles you go through to make your little monster happy.

The game has amazing physics along with great controls. Playing the game is super simple and it takes about five seconds to get addicted.

Another task available for you on your journey to feeding Om Nom is collecting stars in each level. Three, being the maximum amount of stars, will definitely be enough of a task being that in each level, each star is strategically places throughout each setup.

Since the game is only 99 cents ($1.99 for the iPad), this game can be considered a steal! Although it doesn’t quite beat the leader in the fastest growing iPhone game, “Plants vs. Zombies,” it comes quite close by selling over a million copies in 10 days with PVZ selling a million in only nine days.

Chillingo Studios’ recent game has been one of their bestsellers although any game made by them for the iPhone is nothing short of amazing.

Mark Raby from Games Radar says, “When it comes to iPhone games, Chillingo knows its stuff.” Mark is absolutely correct, with games like “Angry Birds” and “Knights Onrush” along with many more games to come, Chillingo is definitely doing something right.

To be quite honest, the game is amazing. With simple controls, accurate physics and three unique sets of 25 levels with an unlockable set and a fifth box with the words, “Coming Soon,” you’ll be playing this game until your battery dies on your iPhone.

If you do happen to buy this app, be sure to review it at the app store and tell your friends about this addicting game. Also, be on the look out for other fantastic games by Chillingo. I have a feeling you won’t be disappointed.

As for me, I’m going run my battery down. So for the Geekly Weekly, I’m Donny. Remember, don’t sit too close to your televisions and happy gaming!