Justin Timberlake delivers with Part 2 of 20/20 Experience

As the avid fangirl that I am, it was necessary that I ran to Target on Monday and purchased the second half of Justin Timberlake’s “The 20/20 Experience.” Just as I thought from the moment I saw that parental advisory stamp on the cover, this second half got a bit raunchy, and I loved every second of it.
The album opens in typical Timberlake fashion with “Gimme What I Don’t Know (I Want),”  with his pop and hip-hop crossover vibe as he beatboxes like a pro in the background. The tempo of the song reminds me of a few of the tracks from Part 1, yet the lyrics are on another level. Part 1 was more for the lovers, but right off the bat with “Gimme What I Don’t Know (I Want),” the former *NSYNC heartthrob is letting us know that under that gentleman-like exterior, an “animal” thrives inside. We’re in college so there’s no need to explain my logic behind that.
This sexual vibe continues throughout the album in songs such as “True Blood” and “TKO,” which leaves no mystery into what he is trying to accomplish in that song.
Too often, people only praise the singer for the overall product of the album. But Timberlake’s album wouldn’t be anywhere without the beats of super producer Timothy “Timberland” Mosley and his colleague Jerome “J-Roc” Harmon who produced the entire album and much of Timberlake’s past hits on previous albums. “The 20/20 Experience” is an example showing that a singer is only as great as his producers.
It was hard for me to place this album into a specific music genre because I heard variations of pop, hip-hop, blues and even a little country twang in “Drink You Away,” which is one of my favorites on the album.
Being the “JT Tennessee Kid” that I am, I had to go the extra mile and go to Target just for the two extra tracks, “Blindness” and “Electric Lady,” that were released on the deluxe version.  “Blindness” gave off a very chill vibe, which I liked, yet “Electric Lady” wasn’t really necessary, but it’s something I could listen to from time to time. It’s one of those songs that will have to grow on me over time.  
Even as Timberlake’s career progresses with age, the little seven-year-old second-grader inside of me loves to hear him go back to his *NSYNC days. I feel he did just that in the hidden track “Pair of Wings,” placed inside of Track 11 with “Not a Bad Thing,” which is also a jam of mine. “Pair of Wings” reminds me of those ballads *NSYNC would sing circa 1998 back when they came out with the remake of “God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You.”
All in all, the album was pretty good, but I am partial to Part 1. As for criticisms, I would like to see JT collaborate with other artists. Granted, Jay-Z is a great artist and their song “Murder” is pretty nice, but it would be cool to see JT get together with other artists. Preferably, I hope it’s Kendrick Lamar, who has had a great year musically. Also, this half didn’t really show Timberlake’s full vocal potential to me. Since I am partial to the more soulful side of JT, I would have preferred him to release more ballads. However, the album did deliver, and I would recommend purchasing it on iTunes (or Target if you absolutely needed those extra tracks like I did.)