Alive At Five

Alive at Five, tomorrow’s Homecoming event sponsored by the Student Programming Association, will take place in front of the Student Union and feature the local performers Meriwether, Kreative Kouture, and Kourtney Heart.Meriwether, which is named for Meriwether Lewis of historical explorers Lewis and Clark, direct ancestors of singer/guitarist Drew Reilly, is a self-proclaimed rock band from Baton Rouge, according to an interview with (the web masters of) straightuprandom.com.

Reilly said the band looks forward to a good time with the crowd.

“We hear Nicholls knows how to throw down and party. We’re gonna play a mix of old and new songs, so there should be something for everyone. All we want to know is where the after party is!”

Kreative Kouture, a band comprised of brothers RayVon and J.Mula, has been recording, writing and producing music since the ages of 14 and 15, according to their website, kreativekouturemovement.com. The brothers are Rap/Hip Hop artists known for their witty metaphors and intellectual thought.

A spokesman for the duo said University students “can expect a show that is upbeat and unlike any other Hip Hop show they’ve attended before.”

Heart, 17 years old, began singing at church and was inspired by her father, who was also a performer. At 13 she captured the attention of New Orleans based manager/producer DJ Raj Smoove, according to a recent “Times Picayune” article. Heart has just released her first album, “Eye Dee Kay,” and is currently a senior at Edna Karr High School in New Orleans.

Heart said she is excited to perform for students at the University.

“Nicholls State can expect an exciting and enthusiastic performance! I hope the students are as happy to see me perform as much as I am to do it.”

The event will be held from 5-9 on Friday, free of charge, and will be open to all students and the general public.