Geekly Weekly

For those of you that has read the title and thought this was going to be some boring game involving old men fighting, you are completely wrong.

The iPhone game “Legendary Wars” plays like a castle defense game mixed with Plants versus Zombies.

I’m not saying that this game is some knock off of PVZ because no one would have the gall to knock off such an amazing game. Legendary Wars is a game of its own, and only strikes a few similarities next to PVZ.

Now when I say, “castle defense” I speak specifically of the average side-scrolling defense games that are a dime a dozen these days. However, this specific game has a touch of difference when compared to the average defense game.

If you’ve ever played Knights Onrush or PVZ and enjoyed it, this would be the game for you.

Legendary Wars takes on the concept of defending your own castle from a variety of monsters that have a castle on the other end of the battlefield.

You have to raise different defenses to battle against the different enemies and you start by getting miners to mine you money.

There are only two defenses that I know of and that is a knight and an archer. Each time you create either one, you decide which lane out of three you want to put the said defense in.

Once you’ve built a strong enough force, you can control your little army to siege the other castle. Once the siege is complete you win the level.

The first couple of rounds seem easy, but they most certainly get more difficult as you continue through the game.

There is a catch, however. During the day is when the objective is storm the castle, but when night falls, you take on a-whole-nother objective.

As the night falls, the living dead rise and your new objective is to protect your castle from them.

You’re probably wondering why I say that it plays like PVS right? Well just like PVZ, you take on zombies and you position your defense in specified lanes. You also collect money, just like in PVZ when you collect “sunshine” to build up your defenses.

Like I said before, I don’t believe the game was trying to knock off PVZ but the similarities bring that certain touch o differentiate this game between all of the other average “castle defenders.”

This game has potential to be in my “awesome games” folder in my phone, but I still need to do a little more playing before it can be dubbed in my special folder.

Point blank, I recommend this game. If you don’t want to spend the money, you can always play the lite version to test the waters.

If you would just like to go straight to the main game, you can always buy it from the Apple Store for only ninety-nine cents.

I rate this game a 9 out of 10 for its interesting take on the “castle defend” genre and I definitely recommend you buy this if you’re looking for something to pass the time on your phone.

For the Geekly Weekly, I’m Donny. Happy gaming fellow geeks!