The Nicholls Worth introduces AP stories

Beginning this semester, The Nicholls Worth will offer readers Associated Press articles and photos as well as an updated front-page design. The final pages of news will be dedicated each week to state, national and world stories from the AP wire. AP stories and photos also will run occasionally on the final pages of sports and lagniappe.

The Nicholls Worth has invested in a subscription to the AP wire service to bring its readers stories that its writers could not report adequately without assistance from larger media outlets. The majority of The Nicholls Worth will continue to be student-produced work, and the staff has set a goal to provide more in-depth articles and series on college life issues affecting Nicholls students.

Also, each week the front page of the newspaper will feature an index of the top stories from each section along the left column. Other minor style changes have been instituted to modernize the newspaper into a more professionally designed product.

Additionally, the staff hopes to compile more campus events to publicize in the calendar of events section on page two. Any organization wishing to have an event placed in the calendar of events should E-mail the information to [email protected] a week in advance.

As usual, letters to the editor are welcomed and encouraged.