Letter From the Editor

Welcome to the new Nicholls Worth design

Out with the old and in with the new. Allow me to introduce you to The Nicholls Worth 2.0. All summer, our staff has worked very hard on putting together an updated, fresher version of The University’s student newspaper to create a more effective, interactive and visually appealing publication for our readers. We are very excited to now print in full color from cover to cover thanks to our new printing deal with The Houma Courier. The actual paper size is also smaller in order to save paper and make The Nicholls Worth an easier publication to carry around.
What we are most excited about, however, is our new layout design. The Nicholls Worth’s new design is more modernized, straying away from the usual design that has printed since the publication’s creation. While the former design for The Nicholls Worth was not bad, journalism is changing in today’s world, and it was time that our paper did the same. Our new publication will focus more on our readers while supplementing our print issue with our website and our several social media accounts. While the new design has the feel of a news magazine, this publication will still remain first and foremost, a newspaper. Our job is to deliver the information that readers both need and want to know, and our main focus will always be to deliver our content in the most effective way possible.
This goal, however, will require help from our readers as well. In order for us to know what you want to read, we need to hear from you. To do this, we are asking that uses social media to like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/thenichollsworth and follow us on Twitter and Instagram at the handle @NichollsWorth. While you will still see The Nicholls Worth on newsstands across campus every Thursday, we want to also push our online presence and get all of our followers and readers involved in our discussions and polls.
I, along with the staff, have worked very hard over this past summer to make sure we can make The Nicholls Worth the best publication we can. We are all very excited to share our work with you over the years to come.

Sincerely,

Ross Landry

Editor