Atkins Diet and Exercise key to health, writer says

For those of you, like me, who have had a brush with the Freshman 15 — possibly numerous times — and are having a hard time finding ways to get rid of those few extra pounds, listen up. I have decided to create my own diet and exercise plan rightly named the “I’m not fat but I don’t like my pudge” diet.
Like the well-known Atkins diet, given to us by no other than the late, possibly great “diet guru” Robert C. Atkins M.D., my plan encourages you to eat, most likely my favorite aspect of his diet.
The Atkins diet was created in 1972 so the idea of it being one of those “fad” diets is untrue due to its longevity — a characteristic typically unknown to these “fad” diets. Furthermore, the diet is based off of scientific research and has been tested by both the Atkins’ staff and numerous other professional health and medicine organizations. While there have been branch-offs of the diet, these are no more than frivolous faux pas created by individuals who thrive off people and their consumer driven lives.
Looking at this information caused me to want to dive into a deeper understanding of the Atkins diet as a whole, not just from the media standpoint with the whole “who, what, where, when, why and how.” The Atkins diet now stands in a time when the incidence of lifestyle-related diseases such as obesity, diabetes and heart disease has increased along with the consumers’ desire to be health-conscience.
Banking on that information, fast food restaurants have marketed to the masses with the simple plan of offering Atkins friendly menu choices. Subway Sandwiches offers two Atkins friendly wraps, KFC announced that pieces of their fried chicken meet the low carbohydrate requirements and both McDonalds and Burger King offer Atkins friendly burgers. The trend has not stopped there; T.G.I. Fridays has entered the market by offering its own special menu. However, in my personal and humble opinion, I feel that everyone who serves at least one form of animal protein has an Atkins friendly item.
My diet plan is a complete take-off of the Atkins diet, but it consists of a new revolutionary idea in the whole aspect of diets. My unique feature, which separates me from the others, is a concept I call “EXERCISE.” Besides exercise, staying fit includes eating a balanced diet of educated choices from the various food groups. Also, I recommend taking a daily multivitamin to ensure that the body obtains an adequate supply of daily nutrients. Since I am not yet sponsored by a multivitamin company, let’s just leave my suggestion to the one that includes everything from A to Zinc or the one you take “once a day.