Juno releases into a mixed review

Steve Juno, a native to Houma, released his first CD, entitled “8-Track mind,” in December but didn’t hold the release party until last weekend.
When questioned on why he held the release party so much later, Juno commented by saying that is just the type of person he is. “No one releases a record in January, but we were stupid enough to try, so maybe we will get lucky,” Juno said. In any case, the CD is not half bad; however, it’s not one of those you rush out to buy either.
According to Juno, he is in the singer/songwriter category and focuses more towards adult alternative, or, as I call it, “coffee house eclectic with a bit of John Mayer.” Juno aims his music towards adults who have real life experiences.
Steve says his music is for you “if you have a mortgage, a car note or any responsibilities; if you realize that being in love is hard work and not a fairy tale; if you get annoyed at Jesus freaks knocking on your door every time you’re in the middle of something; if you are a grown up and don’t give a s**t about ‘gettin’ jiggy wit it’ or because you are too worried about bills and kids.” Additionally, the CD is a new enhanced version that acts as a CD-ROM also.
Steve started playing music at the age of nine when he realized he would always be too small to play football. Being born in south Louisiana, he grew up with music around him.
All this music only inspired him to refine his chops and hone his skills, which he did by being a part of local bands in high school and college, at our very own Nicholls State University and playing professional gigs on Bourbon Street. However, he doesn’t want to stand apart from the people he is making music for. He is such a friendly guy that he personally welcomed almost everybody at the CD release party.
Plus, he and his band tie in the personal experiences from past relationships (Sorry, ladies, this 37-year-old is married.) and odd jobs they held: managing a bingo hall, working at a UPS store, being a cashier and bag/buggy boy at a local supermarket and one member even confessed to being a librarian for a while. Plus, three of his band members are Nicholls graduates.
While I cannot just sit down and jam to the CD like I could to his live show, I enjoy listening to it in the background at work- not just to drown out the whining of my “supervisor,” but to pick up some of the different levels contained in the music.
My opinion, as humble as it may be, leads me to tell you to at least check the CD out, if only for a couple of songs like “Different (Just Like You),” “Never Used To Say” and “Porno And Pizza” or visit http://stevejuno.com for free song downloads.