Kleinpeter accepts new job on campus

Allison Kleinpeter, director of financial aid, will hold a new title and position on campus beginning in March. Kleinpeter will be the director for contracted services and ID card operations pending approval from the board of Supervisors of Louisiana.

Under her new job, she will be assisting with the coordination process for contract operations and the building of the ID card system at Nicholls.

Since 1998, this postion has been under the process of formation. This fall, Brenda Haskins, director of Union Services and Facilities, decided to get back on the project.

“I have always wanted to fill this postion, but I always seem to get side-tracked. There are so many things that need to be focused on constantly, and now they will be,” Haskins said.

“Allison will be taking the place of the bookstore director, except that we will be changing the job title to fit what she will be doing,” Haskins said.

The new system that Kleinpeter will be focusing on is the implementation of a one-card, campus-wide priviledge card.

The purpose of having a one-card system is to allow students to use their ID cards anywhere on campus without having to use cash.

“It will basically be like a debit card. I really think that students will like the idea because they all are so interested in modern technology,” Kleinpeter said.

Kleinpeter is also planning to get local businesses involved in the system.

“I want local bussinesses to actively participate in the system so that students can also use the card there,” she said.

Another priviledge of having a one-card system is that money can be electoronically transfered into the account.

Kleinpeter is also going to be monitoring the contracts for the University and Food Services.

One of the projects that Kleinpeter will be negotiating is the current contract that Nicholls has with a video company that provides the games for the games for the Student Union.

“I would like Allison to review our contract with our video game provider so that the games will be changed every six months. I would also like to add some games in the residence halls because we are closed on the weekends, and many students would like to play the games,” Haskins said. Kleinpeter,42 and alumna of Nicholls, has been the director of financial aid for ten years.

“I feel that I have played my role at my current position and I’m ready for new challenges,” she said.

“With my knowledge of working with students, I believe that I can better serve their needs.”

Haskins is thrilled to have a familiar face joining the Union staff.

“I am very excited that a person of such a high calliber will be part part of our team,” Haskins said.