‘Hefty Fine’ fulfills editor’s expectations

Since their first full-length release, “Use Your Fingers,” in 1995, I have considered The Bloodhound Gang to be the Shakepeare of toilet humor. They are lewd, asinine, degrading, politically incorrect and surprisingly genius. Their brand of sophomoric wit, which continues on their latest release, “Hefty Fine,” has kept them from heavy MTV rotation, but they do not care about that stuff or anything else. They proudly proclaim it in the liner notes, “No reason to live, but we like it that way.”

The music on “Hefty Fine” does not stray much from their tried-and-true formula of hummable melodies over disco beats, with lots of heavy guitars thrown in just to make it rock. The first single, “Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo” (I know you can figure this one out), could be a leftover from any of the band’s previous albums.

Other highlights include “Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss,” which brings the “uhn tiss” sound (you know, that sound you make when you want to make a techno beat) to the next level and “Something Diabolical,” which is so suspenseful it could be used as the theme to the next James Bond movie.

Hints of emo appear on the album in songs like “Farting with a Walkman On” and “No Hard Feelings.” I also have to mention my favorite Simpsons reference in years, “Ralph Wiggum,” which is a song composed entirely of quotes by Chief Wiggum’s son.

For currents fans of The Bloodhound Gang, it is the same old thing, and you will like it. If you have never heard of The Bloodhound Gang, but you enjoy dirty limericks try it out. You might like it.