Staffer calls ‘Into the Blue’ decent film

Directed by John Stockwell and written by Matt Johnson, “Into the Blue” is a fairly decent action/thriller. It is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence, drug material, some sexual content (crotch shots) and language.The movie stars Paul Walker and Jessica Alba as Jared and Sam, a dive-loving couple in search of the treasure of a lifetime.

The couple’s attorney friend Bryce, played by Scott Caan, and his drug-loving ‘girlfriend for 15 hours’ Amanda, played by Ashley Scott, enter and change them from treasure hunters to the hunted.

A recent hurricane in the Bahamas stirs up the ocean floor, revealing shipwreck ruins.

While in search of treasure, Jared finds evidence of the ancient shipwreck The Zephyr. The four friends decide to partner as they search for enough relics to identify the ship and make a claim.

The crew stumbles upon the sunken wreckage of an airplane. They find the plane’s cargo; drugs. Bryce and Amanda see the cargo as a way to finance the expedition.

Bryce and Amanda sell the cargo to a nightclub owner. The nightclub owner happens to work for the dealer that the plane’s cargo belonged to.

Soon Jared, Sam, Bryce and Amanda find themselves in jeopardy unless they deliver the entire shipment to its dealer.

“Into the Blue” is a regular ‘yell at the screen,’ on the edge of your seat action film that, except for some distasteful crotch shots, is not half bad.